“If your husband or wife begins a divorce then we can help you deal with it for a fixed fee.”

Laura Srodon LLB
Director, Solicitor, Notary Public

Laura Srodon LLB

Respondent Divorce Service

If you have received a divorce petition, our Respondent Divorce Service may be for you.

What does it include?

We will:

  • Discuss the situation with you and advise you about the court action your spouse is taking and how you will respond to it.
  • Check the court documents you receive and talk through any costs claims with you.
  • Complete the court’s acknowledgement form for you.
  • Liaise with the court and your husband or wife’s Solicitors throughout
  • Check and send to you your Decree Nisi and Decree Absolute Certificates

What does it not include?

The items below are not usually applicable so are not included in the normal Respondent Divorce Service. If in your case they are relevant, then we will be happy to discuss with you the best way of dealing with them including any cost.

  • Dealing with proceedings which become defended.
  • Attending court.
  • Apply for a Decree Absolute if your husband or wife fails to do so.
  • Our Respondent Divorce Service does not include dealing with issues concerning children or finances, nor discussions about matters that are not to do with obtaining your divorce – these are dealt with separately.

We will discuss with you whether your circumstances are suitable for our Respondent Divorce Service when you have filled in the simple form about your situation, so we have a clear idea of what will be involved. (Once you’ve filled in the form online, save it and email it as an attachment to family@davisg.co.uk) We will tell you if we think that one of our other services would be better for you, and why, so you can decide.

As professional Solicitors, our duty is always to act in your best interests, and to give you clear legal advice to help you achieve the best result for you and your loved ones.

What does it cost?

The Respondent Divorce Service costs £295 + VAT for our work. You will not have to pay any court or other fees unless the court orders you to contribute to the costs of your husband or wife.