Davis Gregory are now registered as Official Supporters of the “Remember a Charity in your Will Campaign”.
This means that we have signed up to ‘Remember a Charity’s’ Practitioner Charter. The Charter, is designed to help further ‘Remember a Charity’s’ aim of increasing the incidence of gifts in Wills, and means we will:
- Consider all charitable donations in Wills favourably;
- Give balanced advice on the various options for charitable giving by Will;
- Mention the option of leaving a gift to charity in their Will to clients whose Wills or codicils we are drafting and if appropriate will discuss with clients the different types of gifts that they can leave to charity in their Will. This includes advising on any tax advantages of giving a donation to charity if relevant;
- Be supportive of a client who would like to appoint a charity as their executor (and will check, before drafting the Will, that the charity is able and willing to undertake such a role); and
- Ensure each client is seen by either a solicitor or qualified will-writing practitioner.
Leaving a gift to a Charity can be a good way of using your money to make the world a better place, bur we acknowledge that for some clients this may not be an option.