Are you a private Landlord renting a house or a tenant of a privately rent house? You need to know that new electrical safety regulations are coming into effect from 1 July 2020 and existing tenancies from 1 April 2021.
From 1 July 2020 for all new tenancies the Landlord must ensure the property meets the national standards for electrical safety. These regulations require that Landlords:
• Ensure the electrical installations in their rented properties are inspected and tested by a qualified and competent person at least every 5 years.
• Obtain a report from the person conducting the inspection and test which gives the results and sets a date for the next inspection and test.
• Supply a copy of this report to the existing tenant within 28 days of the inspection and test.
• Supply a copy of this report to a new tenant before they occupy the premises.
• Supply a copy of this report to any prospective tenant within 28 days of receiving a request for the report.