Our Complaints Policy
Most of our clients tell us they are delighted with our service, but we realise that very occasionally we do not reach the high standards we aim for.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you have received or about the bill, please contact our client care director Laura Srodon or another director on 01242 235202 or by email at email@example.com or by post to our office.
What will happen next?
If you have made a complaint which we think can be dealt with informally, we will arrange for the Director responsible for the relevant department will contact you as quickly as possible to try to resolve the problem. We will record the complaint in our central register. If we are unable to resolve the complaint informally, or we consider it is not appropriate to do so, then we will use our formal complaints procedure – see below.
Formal Complaints Procedure:
- We will send you a letter or an email acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out if necessary. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint, who will normally be the Director responsible for the relevant department. You can expect to receive our letter within 3 working days of receipt of your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
- We will pass your complaint to Laura Srodon, our client care director, promptly.
- She will ask the Director with responsibility for the relevant department, to reply in writing to your complaint, normally within 21 days.
- Before replying, we may invite you to a meeting to discuss your complaint.
- If you are still not satisfied you can contact us again. Laura Srodon or another director of the firm, who has not been involved with your complaint, will then review our initial decision, and will tell you the outcome of the review within 21 days.
- If your complaint concerns Laura Srodon, then your complaint will be dealt with by Simon Greener and paragraph 4 will not apply.
- We will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the matter:
- Visit: www.legalombudsman.org.uk
- Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ Normally you would need to contact the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.
Revised January 2018Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Google +