“Employing staff is full of legal pitfalls. We can help you avoid these so that you and your staff know just where you stand.”
Employment law is some of the most complicated there is, and yet so many people struggle with it without legal help. It can be difficult to know what rules apply to you, and how to avoid the many traps and time limits which can catch you out.
How Davis Gregory can help
There are many different aspects of employment law which we can help with. Below are a few examples of the type of work we deal with:
- For new staff there are contracts to be prepared and signed.
- If difficulties arise during work there are grievance procedures to be managed correctly, and discrimination to be avoided.
- If plans are being made to bring employment to an end, then redundancy or other grounds must be examined carefully to avoid unfair dismissal. Even if a staff member is leaving by agreement, usually an employment settlement agreement should be prepared, and independent advice given to the employee about its effects.
The way we charge for our work is flexible, to suit your needs.
- For brief advice, we can speak to you on the phone and let you have our initial views about how to deal with things. Just call us on 01242 235202
- For more detailed advice, you can use our fixed price legal advice scheme – click here for details.
- Or if you wish us to draft documents, then we can usually agree an estimate with you for the cost.
What is the next step?
Please call 01242 235202 to speak to us, or fill in the form on the right so we can contact you to discuss this without commitment and free of charge.